- Easy to set up and designed to fit anywhere, Velop brings full-strength mesh Wifi to your home in minutes. Offering ultra-fast performance, the Velop mesh WiFi system delivers the performance needed to support multiple WiFi devices. It uses Intelligent Mesh™ Technology to provide the fastest path to the internet in any type and size of home. Choose from a wide range of Velop products to find the best fit for your WiFi needs.
- From the moment you set up your WiFi mesh system, Intelligent Mesh™ Technology gets to work adapting your Velop system to your home. If someone accidentally unplugs a node, the other nodes will pick up the slack. Even with a busy WiFi network, Velop knows how to select the clearest channel for your devices. As your WiFi needs expand, you can easily add more nodes. Velop nodes comes equipped with Tri-Band technology, giving you exceptionally fast WiFi even when multiple WiFi devices are connected.
- Guest Access: Create a separate, password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids — even when you’re away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- The system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home
- Use Alexa to control your home network, turn the guest network on and off or verbally request the Wi-Fi networks passwords
- The Linksys app provides the freedom to access and control your Wi-Fi from home or remotely
- Internet connection with modem or modem router (gateway)
- Linksys app for iOS or Android™
- Supported iOS or Android device with data connection
- Bluetooth® (preferred for setup)
How It Works:
- Coverage: Up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- For a small area only one node is required.
- To cover larger areas or hard to reach areas, additional nodes are used.
What is Included:
- Linksys Velop (1)
- Ethernet cable
- Power adapter (1)
- Quick Start Guide
- Printed Documentation
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.1″ x 3.1″ x 7.3″ per Node
- Color: White
- Weight: 12.0 oz (340 g)
- Network Standards: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Tech: Tri-Band AC2200 (867 + 867 + 400 Mbps)‡ with MU-MIMO and 256 QAM
- Wi-Fi Bands: Simultaneous Tri-Band (2.4Ghz + 5GHz + 5GHz)
- Ethernet ports: 2x WAN/LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Antennas: 6x internal antennas and high powered amplifiers
- Processor: 716 MHz Quad Core
- Memory: 4 GB Flash and 512 MB RAM
- Wireless Encryption: WPA2 personal
- Bluetooth 4.0/LE for secure and easy App based set-up
- Beamforming: for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands
- Weather Resistance: Indoor Use Only
- Manufacturer Product Warranty: 3 years
‡Maximum Performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, speed, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including building materials and construction, volume of network traffic, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions. In order to achieve the best performance, this product must be used with compatible AC2200 wireless devices. The standard transmission rates for each node—867 Mbps (for each 5 GHz radio), 400 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors.