For most homes the largest user of energy is your heating and cooling system. It is a good idea to get a learning thermostat that will know when you are home and when you are not and then heat and cool your home accordingly. The estimated average energy savings per year is between $131 – $145 with a Nest Learning Thermostat. Just use your thermostat like you normally would for a week and let the Nest Learning Thermostat learn you!
Turn it up or turn it down, it will learn what you like. It knows when you are away and will turn itself down saving you energy heating or cooling an empty house. With the Nest app, you can monitor and adjust your thermostat when you are away from home!
Have a vacation home? Install a Nest Learning Thermostat and monitor your heating and cooling while you are away. If the temperatures are not being maintained there could be a serious problem with your heating and cooling system giving you time to call a repairman. Going on vacation during the winter? Don’t risk a chance your pipes will freeze if a problem arises with your heating system. The Nest Learning Thermostat will notify you if the indoor temperature gets too cold so you can make arrangements to get it fixed right away.
What it can do:
- Home/Away Assist – uses input from activity sensors in your Nest products and your phone’s location to automatically switch the behavior of Nest products in your home when you leave and when you come back. You don’t have to manually set each product or rely on a fixed schedule.
- Energy History
- Home Report
- Google Nest Leaf
- Google Nest app
- Farsight – When there is activity within 20 feet of the thermostat, the Farsight screen shows you useful information in a large format that makes it easy to read even from the other side of the room.
- Airwave – Airwave turns the compressor off a little before reaching the target temperature. Then it runs the fan alone until it reaches the temperature you want. This can help save energy and keep you comfortable.
- System Match: Early-On, Heat Pump Balance, True Radiant
- Weather aware – Sets your thermostat to a minimum temperature when it gets cold outside.
- Advanced Fan Control – Turn on your fan and select the amount of time fan runs.
- Sunblock – Sunblock uses the Nest thermostat’s built-in light sensor to track the sun’s patterns and its temperature sensors to detect the heat spikes that occur in direct sunlight. Sunblock then uses all this information to set your Nest thermostat to the correct temperature whenever it’s in direct sunlight.
- Cool to Dry – Cool to reduce humidity in the home to a certain level.
- Thermostat Lock
- Software updates over Wi-Fi
- Safety Temperature Alert
- Furnace Heads-Up – Lets you know when your thermostat has detected a problem with your forced air heating system. If Nest detects a problem, you’ll see the alert on the thermostat screen, in the Nest app, and in your monthly Nest Home Report, so you can check your system or contact a Nest Pro for service.
- Filter Reminder
- System Test
- Stainless steel ring
- You can control up to 20 thermostats in one home
- You can control Nest Thermostats in three locations from one Nest account.
Remote Control Requirements:
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
- Google Nest app on phone or tablet with iOS or Android
- Latest version of Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on Mac OS X v10.9 or later and Windows 7 or later
- Free Google Nest Account
- The Google Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.
- Heating: 1, 2 and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Humidiﬁer or dehumidiﬁer (HUM, DEHUM)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, RH, RC)
What is Included:
- Optional trim plate
- Mounting screws and labels
- Google Nest screwdriver
- Installation Guide
- Welcome Guide
- Google Nest Pro installation card
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Dimensions: Weight: 8.6 oz (243.7 g), Diameter: 3.3 in (8.4 cm), Height: 1.21 in (3.08 cm)
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Power consumption Less than 1 kWh/month
- Sensors: Temperature, Humidity, Near-ﬁeld activity, Far-ﬁeld activity, Ambient light
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium Ion
- Screen: 24-bit color LCD
- Languages: English (US, UK), Dutch, French (Canada, France), German, Italian, Spanish (Americas, Spain)
- Wireless: Working Wi-Fi connection 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Wireless interconnect: 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Manufacturer Product Warranty: 2 year limited warranty