Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has a Split-Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone. Can your current smoke alarm do that?
Nest Protect has a friendly human voice that will tell you where the problem is and notify all the other Nest Protect alarms in the home. When one speaks, they all speak and then send an alert to your phone so if you are away, you will be notified that there is a problem. (Wifi and Internet connection required). Have piece of mind when you are away but also if you have children and elderly parents at home. It can detect carbon monoxide as well and has a 10-year CO sensor. Carbon monoxide is poisonous but you can’t see it or smell it. That’s why Nest Protect has the most accurate type of carbon monoxide sensor available. Nest Protect has improved the carbon monoxide sensing algorithm and will continue to make it better and better because people depend on it.
Did you burn the popcorn? Just hush the alarm with your phone. Nest Protect is the only alarm with Steam Check. It uses custom algorithms and a humidity sensor to look for steam, so you can enjoy a nice, quiet shower. Tired of chirps in the middle of the night? Nest Protect will alert you on your phone when batteries are getting low. Forget to test your alarm monthly? Test all of your alarms with a tap and receive a full report when the test is complete. Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day. And it’s the first alarm that uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month. If you need a glass of water in the middle of the night, Nest Protect lights up as you walk underneath it. Pathlight is one of our customers’ favorite features so we made it better and brighter.
What it can do:
- Checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day
- Uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month
- At night, Nest Protect lights up as you walk underneath it
- Steam Check
- Detect smoke and carbon monoxide
- Notify you on your phone (WiFi and Internet required)
- Warnings sent to all Nest Protect alarms in the home
- Low battery warning sent to your phone before alarm chirps
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
- Free Google Nest Account
What is Included:
- Nest Protect: 2nd Gen Smoke + CO Alarm
- Four screws
- Six long-life AA batteries (Battery model)
- User’s guide
- Welcome guide
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Dimensions: Weight: 13.9 oz (379.0 g), Length: 5.3 in. (13.4 cm), Height: 5.3 in. (13.4 cm), Width: 1.5 in. (3.85 cm)
- Color: White
- Operating Temperature: The alarm should not be installed in locations where the normal ambient temperature is below 40ºF (4 ºC) or exceeds 100ºF (38 ºC). Humidity range: 20%RH to 80%RH (non condensing).
- Sensors: Split‑Spectrum smoke sensor, 10 year electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor, Temperature, Humidity, Occupancy (120° field of view up to 20 feet), Ambient light, Accelerometer, Microphone
- Battery model: Six long-life AA batteries (Energizer® Ultimate Lithium “L91”)
- Audio: 80 dB @ 3 ft (1 m) @ 1kHz, Horn: 85 dB SPL @ 10 ft (3 m)
- External Buttons: RGB color ring with 6 LEDs
- Wireless: Working Wi-Fi connection 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Wireless interconnect: 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Manufacturer Product Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
- Certification: Nest Protect has been tested to comply with safety standards UL 2034, UL 217, and NFPA-72 set out by UL and California State Fire Marshal.